Copyrighted 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013.
Scansound, Inc. All Rights Reserved
All online purchases are made in accordance with the following policies
All information provided to Scan Sound, Inc. will only be used in the ordinary process of handling orders and responding to customer requests. By placing an order, all customers indicate that they understand and will adhere to the terms and conditions of this web site.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Scan Sound will attempt to fill all orders on the basis of product availability. Scan Sound, Inc. can not be held responsible if any of the items are discontinued without Scan Sound's knowledge. Every effort will be made to keep this web site updated. Scan Sound will substitute equivalent products in order to fill orders, if an item can not be procured or has been discontinued. All customers must pay for the items ordered, including applicable taxes, shipping and handling charges, which will be totaled and provided to the customer prior to shipment of the products.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
ALL REQUESTS FOR RETURN OF PRODUCTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED BY SCAN SOUND’S CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO RETURNING GOODS. All returned Products must be assigned a Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number and be labeled accordingly and returned to Scan Sound, Inc. to 1121 S. Military Trail Unit 118, Deerfield Beach, Florida, 33442 USA. All returned Products must be in original packaging and in resalable condition, unless such Products are not in original packaging or resalable condition due to the fault of the Seller. The amount of credit on any given return is based upon the following:
- Products shipped in error by Seller and nonconforming Products – FULL CREDIT if returned within thirty (30) days;
- Products shipped that do not meet Seller’s standard quality – FULL CREDIT if returned within thirty (30) days in original packaging and received in resalable condition;
- Products that are returnable are subject to a restocking charge up to 50%, plus any original freight costs as well as additional costs incurred in returning the Products to the vendor or seller if notified within thirty (30) days and returned in resalable condition:
- Products that are NOT returnable – NO CREDIT;
- Products that are returned no longer in resalable condition either due to use of product or improper packaging for safe return shipment – NO CREDIT;
- Special order Products, custom Products, or Products not available for general or unrestricted distribution – NOT RETURNABLE.
- Products that have come in contact with body fluids are NOT RETURNABLE due to the risk of biological hazards
- The fees associated with shipping and handling are non-refundable, unless a shipping error was made by Seller. All costs associated with returns and/or exchanges must be paid by the Buyer.
Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable for any items being returned. Additional postage will not be charged for items that must be replaced due to improper manufacture or items missing from a shipment as indicated on the packing list. All items being returned for credit or exchange, must be packaged in the original packaging and shipping container, complete with all original documentation and parts in the condition that original packaging was received. Scan Sound, Inc. reserves the right to charge a 15% re-stocking fee for items returned after 30-days from the date of shipment, for items not returned in their original packaging, items improperly packaged and for any missing item(s) which would prevent the product from being re-sold. Items damaged during shipment should be immediately reported to Scan Sound, Inc. in order to file an insurance claim and arrange for replacement. Be sure to reference the Invoice Number for any items being returned for credit.
Merchandise may be returned for credit or refund up to 30 days after the invoice date. Contact our customer support representatives to obtain your Return Authorization (RMA) number and details including mailing address and procedures. RMA numbers are valid for 15 days from date of issuance. We are unable to accept returns without an RMA number.
Items being returned for credit should be forwarded to
Scan Sound, Inc.
1121 S. Military Trail • Unit 118
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442-7645
To receive a refund or credit, your purchase must be returned with shipping and insurance pre-paid in "as new" condition, in original box and packaging, and with all warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Any variance from these conditions could result in delay or forfeiture of your refund.
- Shipping, handling and insurance charges are non-refundable as those costs are incurred during the process of safely delivering the goods that you ordered.
- Refunds or credits are issued after receipt and inspection of returned goods.
Refunds will only be made to the original credit card used for purchase. Credits cannot be assigned to third parties.
- Shipping fees will not be refunded if shipment is refused at time of delivery.
- All returns must be shipped Pre-Paid.
- Scan Sound will refund shipping charges for defective/damaged merchandise only in accordance with terms of warranty service which is described below. Products manufactured by third parties are warranted by their respective manufacturers.
- The customer shall be responsible for shipping charges, if an item must be re-shipped due to an incorrectly provided shipping address, incomplete delivery or package refusal
Scan Sound, Inc. stands behind each of the products sold on scandound.com web site. The Scan Sound Product Warranty applies only to the original buyer in possession of the original proof of purchase. Scan Sound warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship from the date of purchase, or from the invoice shipment date (the warranty period). Please notify Scan Sound in order to solve any warranty claim in a speedy way.
We hope that you will always be happy and delighted with your purchases of Scan Sound products. If nonetheless you wish to return a product purchased directly from scansound.com for a refund, please contact us for a return authorization number (RMA#) and info on how and where to return it.
Unless otherwise specified in writing, each of the Scan Sound products are warranted for a period of NINETY DAYS from the original date of purchase. Scan Sound will repair or replace a defective product provided it is returned to Scan Sound freight prepaid. The warranty applies only to products sold directly from scansound.com to its customers.
During the warranty period, Scan Sound will repair or replace based on individual cases of a defective product or part of it, provided it is returned to Scan Sound freight prepaid. Scan Sound will decide whether to be deemed responsible for the defect or to charge the customer.
This warranty is not valid in cases where the product has been misused, mishandled, where unauthorized repairs have been performed without our written authorization, or where depreciation of the product is due to normal wear-and-tear.
DAMAGE, SHORTAGE AND INCORRECT SHIPMENT
If your purchase has incurred any damage during shipping, if you didn't receive the correct product or you think parts of it might be missing, contact us within 48 hours of delivery in order for us to assist you without delay. Carrier-caused problems must be reported to the carrier as well.
Please contact Scan Sound for further details on your options to obtain service and/or replacement parts for items which have been purchased from the scansound.com web site.
Emergency, rush orders, and orders not regularly scheduled are subject to an added shipping charge determined by Scan Sound, Inc.. All orders are subject to a handling charge and will be added to the corresponding invoice. Scan Sound shall have the right to ship the Products at all times via its own vehicle or a carrier selected by Scan Sound. Scan Sound is not responsible for any duty or customs fees and the Buyer may be invoiced separately for these charges. Upon signature of receipt, damage to goods becomes the responsibility of the Buyer. As noted on Scan Sound’s packaging, all goods must be inspected prior to disposing of packaging materials. Damaged goods must be reported to Scan Sound immediately upon receipt with ALL packing materials still in Buyer’s possession. Ten (10) days after Scan Sound’s invoice date, damaged goods become solely Buyer’s responsibility. Shipments are typically filled via a 3rd party fulfillment company. The amount charged for shipping and handling is based on the fees charged by the fulfillment company to complete the shipment. Freight charges may be charged to a customer’s own freight account, however the customer will still be responsible for a $3.00 fee charged by the fulfillment company for the shipment of each package.
CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions, product specifications or to discontinue products without previous notice.
In case of discordance between these terms and conditions and what stated elsewhere, the most recent will apply. This does not affect your warranty rights.
Please check these pages on a regular basis for the latest version of our terms and conditions.