MRI-safe pneumatic pad headset • Part No. PAD-HS
The pad headset has a rip-stop nylon cover over two sponge foam pads, and each of these foam pads have a side opening that is made to rest against the head and direct audio into the ears. The pad headset is designed to connect to twin vinyl tubes that carry music from an MRI patient stereo sound system. There is very little space inside of most MRI head coils. That's because the head coil acts as an antenna to pick up the signals from the brain and must be close to the head to work well. As a result of the very tight space, a conventional style ear-muff style MRI headphone just won't fit inside a head coil, so the Pad Headset serves to deliver the sound right through the foam pads that rest against the ears. Additional sponge foam padding may be used to help position the pad headset if necessary.
- Patients undergoing an MRI brain scan can listen to music from an MRI patient stereo
- The pad headset is made from a nylon covered foam pad and it is one of the only headphones that can fit next to a patient's ears within an MRI head coil
- The pad headset enables patients to hear music during their MRI scan and is compatible with the Scan Sound MRI patient stereo systems
- The pad headset will also connect to many types of MRI scanners that have two vinyl tubes carrying the stereo audio
- Our sanitary disposable headphone covers (Part No. SS-2-100) can be used to cover the Pad Headset
- The Pad Headset has a 4ft length of twin tubing and a twin male plugs
- The twin male plugs each have 1/4 inch outer diameter barbed modular plugs
- The twin male plug prongs will fit into twin vinly tubes and the Scan Sound tubing has a 1/4 inch inside diameter and 3/8 inch outer diameter
- These are compatible with NRH-ADP or NRH-SYM adapters as well as the viny tubing from the Scan Sound MRI patient stereo systems.
- The pneumatic headphone is inert to the MRI scan and is completely non-ferrous
- Additional Information
Manufacturer No Power Requirements No Plug Type Twin Modular Tubes 1/4 inch OD Audio-Source MRI Patient Stereo System Includes No Features No Compatibility MRI Patient Stereo