Replacement headband for MRI-safe noise reduction headphones and hearing protective earmuffs & Part No. NRH-HB
The headbands are made out of a plastic material that gets flexed when putting on and taking off the headphones and ear muffs. It is an unfortunate situation when the headband breaks, but the possibility always exists that when you flex the plastic headband over time, that it may at one point snap. We feel that if the headphones are pulled of quickly by grabbing at one ear, that is usually what causes them to be stressed and snap. Care needs to be exercised, especially when the temperatures in the scan room are quite cold. We know that we can't prevent the headbands from breaking, and that is why we offer replacement headbands at a reasonable price.
We recommend that the headband and headphone be periodically cleaned, however it is essential that when you clean the headband that you don't use alcohol wipes. Alcohol can lead to the plastics drying out and over time and the plastic can become brittle, especially in a chilly scan room. If you are going to clean the headband, we recommend that you use a cleaner that does not have any harsh chemicals. We searched for a nice product that would work well, and you can now buy this from Scan Sound online. The product is called Whoosh! Fortunately, Whoosh! has no chemicals, and it is gentle on the plastics.
- We recommend cleaning the headband with Whoosh! cleaner
- Whoosh! is gentle and does not contain any chemicals
- The Whoosh! cleaner is gentle on plastics and will help you to maintain cleanliness without weakening the plastic material
- Cleaning the headband with alcohol based cleaners may cause the plastic to become brittle and weaken
- Colder temperatures and low humiditiy can cause the plastic material to loose its elasticity
- If you stretch the Noise Reduction Headphone too far it can break
- If a patient pulls the headphone off when trying to exit the MRI scanner, the headband can break
- Easily to replace - snaps into place in seconds without any tools
- Just slide the headphone earpieces off the ends of the broken headband, and then slide them on until they snap onto the new headband
- Order a spare headband to have one on hand just in case your headphone headband breaks
- Used with medical imaging sound headphones such as NRH-101 Noise Reduction Headphone
- Additional Information
Manufacturer No Power Requirements No Plug Type No Audio-Source No Includes No Features No Compatibility Noise Reduction Headphone for MRI